Halloween Activities

 Here are some physical education activities that can be used during Halloween!


The first option is zombie tag. Although tag games are very common, this allows for handling implements and challenged locomotor skills. The zombie (tagger) will hold a pool noodle and tag people on the back of their shoulder, and while they walk, they must keep one leg in a hula hoop at all times. 



The next option is to do a Halloween dice circuit. With this, you can create 6 different activities for each side of the die. Some examples would be: Frankensteins (dynamic stretch), pumpkin picking (lunges to grab an orange object), bat wings (dynamic stretch arm circles), ghostly flies (jumping jacks), spiders (crawl stepping opposite hand and foot), and scarecrow (hold weighted objects out to the side).

The last activity that will be listed is ghost bowling. This is a fun, spooky themed activity to assist in accuracy, force, and underhand throwing.



Comments

  1. These look like very fun games to play! I love the halloween theme on them. The ghost bowling pins are so cute. I also really like how each of the stretches are connected to something halloween themed. You did a great job at explaining what the tag games does in terms of challenging the students. I really appreciate the games you picked and may have to use in a lesson in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Emmaly, I really enjoyed this blog post. I am doing similar activities in my Intro to Adapted Physical Activity class. My group's next lesson plan is actually on halloween. I will definitely be keeping these in mind. I really liked the ghost bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fantastic way to incorporate physical activity into a student's life! I think that connecting your activities to Halloween or seasons in general are great and interactive. I liked how you also gave information on how the activities include physical activity progression as well. I am sure the Zombie Tag Game will go great with your students! Great job Emmaly I really enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmaly, your blog is really cool, you made it really creative and fun. Connecting Halloween and PE (two things' kids love) and mixing them together is a great idea. I wish I had something like this as a kid. It would've been fun to experience something like that. I hope to see these things incorporated in schools in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some really great ideas. I think it is so fun to incorporate holidays or different themes into a class. Not only is it more fun for the students but it can make it more fun to teach. I love how all the examples you gave are simple things that can be used in multiple ways or themes. Students will love a "mix up" with activities even though it is something that they might have done before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment